Wednesday 2 October 2013

Review: Model Comprehend's 1/144 HG Nu "Gundoom"

Before you guys wanna see the pictures, I have something to tell.
This kit has been detailed by my own. I don't use some of the foil stickers and some of the parts I didn't do any panel lining. Some parts are painted, and some aren't.

Teaser


Foil stickers, Runners(Manual), Box art


Looks cool, huh?

The model
Looks kinda plain, to solve that you can try fill in those panel lines.

The head





A pretty nice head, but lacks range of movements. I used the stickers for the eyes and the forehead camera.

Arms

Details are nice. Very disappointing that the arms can't bend until it touches the shoulder armor.

Backpack

Just to show off my sweet backpack/thrusters. I clear coated them so that they don't look dull.

Legs
Can bend only that far.

Again, thrusters are painted silver by me.

I painted the bottom of the foot, vermillion. To me it doesn't look like it, more like dark red.

Hands
Well, 4 sets of hands for both arms. Trigger finger hands, fists, open relaxed hands and weapon holding hands.

Weapons
Beam rifle, 2 Bazookas & a shield with a connector.
2 unique looking beam sabers
1 standard beam saber(with a pose).
These are the same backpack sockets. But you can use them for customization.
These are connectors for bazookas to be stored or armed on the backpack.

Yup, the picture tells everything.
Beam effect parts for the beam sabers.

Nu "Gundoom" can hold the beam sabers pretty well!

Nothing's wrong with the shield. Looks great on my opinion.
For this kit, Model Comprehend provides 2 sets of fin funnels. Total of 12. Usually use only 6.
When you put the fin funnels on the back, the look a bit loose. Super glue might help.

A view from the back.
Oh and this guy can hold the beam rifle pretty well.

Final thoughts
First, I wanna say that this kit do have tons of panel lines and details. I was surprised when I build this kit. So this kit will have my rate, 10/10. Why 10/10?? Even though the articulation on this bad boy is a bit disappointing, I can get over with it. Lastly, I recommend this kit to anyone who wanna start building/collecting Model Comprehend kits.

That's all about it, if you have any questions please ask me. This review took longer than I thought. This is my first review on my blog. Comments and critics are allowed.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review~
    God , the detaisl looks better than bandai HG,
    BTW what types of spray that you used for the thrusters?

    ReplyDelete